The new album You Never Know What Might Come Next is finally here! Well, the first phase of it anyway. Ahead of the official vinyl/digital release on the French label Exhibition Records that comes out in late May/June, an exclusive limited edition pre-release CD version of the album is now available for pre-order.
This special version of the album is limited to around 50 sale units and comes with four extra tracks that won’t be available on the standard digital and vinyl LP editions. The cover of this version slightly different (colourised) than the standard edition LP (in black and silver ink) as well as the digital. This version comes with the following:
- 2 extra tracks in addition to the 8 on the standard edition. These extra tracks are from the recording/mixing sessions.
- A third track: a version of “You Never Know What Might Come Next” done with a live rhythm section of JJD on bass guitar and Joshua Wells (Black Mountain, Sur Une Plage) on drums and extra synths. Recorded in mixed in JJD’s hometown of Vancouver BC.
- A fourth extra track, a cover of “We Are The Chopped” by Nomeansno. The original is from their 1982 album Mama.
- 12 page booklet with lyrics, information and sketches.
- Environmentally friendly “Digifile” packaging (no plastic)
- 1x 25mm Soft Riot badge
- 1x A3 (297mm x 420) custom poster with black print and spraypaint stenciled colour blocks. Stenciling done by JJD.
- A card that contains (a) a code that gives you 30% of any future purchases in the Soft Riot store (no time limit) and (b) a download code for stem audio files for the title track, “You Never Know What Might Come Next” for possible remix variations on the track.
Orders ship starting between April 1, 2015 and April 7, 2015 (there’s that four-day long weekend in the middle of those days).
You can preview/purchase this version on the Soft Riot store or below:
* these tracks are only the limited CD version.